- COOK TIME: 4 Hours
- PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 1 English Pointy Headed Cabbage
- 3 Sprigs of Thyme
- 4 Cloves of Fermented garlic
- 50mls black treacle
- Smoked Maldon sea salt
- 100g butter
- White pepper
- Preheat the water bath or circulator to 78°c
- Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage, then cut the cabbage into 4
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat, melt and toast the butter with the thyme, smoked sea salt and white pepper, until the butter is nut brown in colour.
- In a pestle & mortar, mix the treacle and fermented garlic to a smooth paste, add the toasted butter and mix to combine.
- Place the cabbage hearts into individual pouches, divide the treacle butter evenly between the pouches
- Seal the pouches and cook sous vide for 4 hours
- Take the cabbage from the pouch and caramelise in a pan or on a small skillet
Try serving the cabbage with soft blue cheese and diced apple and walnuts
What would you like to do now?