- COOK TIME: 24 Hours
- PREP TIME: 45 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Medium
- SERVES: 4
- 2 x lamb neck fillets
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- ¼ tsp Maldon sea salt
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 250g roasted peeled pinenuts
- 200mls natural yoghurt
- 400g baby plum tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 15 large basil leaves
- 2 x clove fresh garlic – sliced
- 100mls olive oil
- In a hot skillet heavily sear the lamb neck fillets until heavily caramelized. set aside to cool
- In a bowl or pestle and mortar make a paste with the roasted garlic, butter, thyme, harissa paste and season with sea salt
- Add the roasted lamb necks to a pouch with the paste, seal the pouch
- In a pre-heated water bath or circulator cook for 24 hours
- In a high speed blender add the roasted pinenuts, yoghurt and cumin seeds, blend to a smooth puree, pass through a fine sieve
- Using a blow torch char the tomato skins and vines.
- Place the tomatoes in a vacuum pouch, add the olive oil, tomato puree, sliced garlic, olive oil to the pouch . Season well with Maldon sea salt.
- Seal the pouch and in a pre-heated water bath or circulator cook for 1 hour at 65 degree.
- To finish – in a hot pan caramelise the lamb neck fillets serve with the pinenuts puree and slow cooked confit tomato
What would you like to do now?