Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken is the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket on those days when you don’t have the time or energy to cook. With just 2 ingredients this recipe is so easy. It tastes great and can be served in many ways including over rice, in tacos, burritos or quesadillas or on top of salad.
Get the Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken recipe here
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
Sometimes you’re just in a hurry and can’t spend a lot of time making dinner. I made this 2-ingredient slow cooker salsa verde chicken on a night when I was super busy. I threw the chicken and salsa into the slow cooker and walked away. When I came back to it it was super tender and tasty. We served ours in quesadillas and it was perfect. You can even use frozen chicken!
Some ways to serve this chicken:
- in salad
- over rice
- over potatoes
- over noodles
- in a lettuce wrap
- by itself
- Keto diet idea: stir in a tub of full fat sour cream when the chicken is done cooking. It will make a creamy chicken that you can serve over mashed steamed cauliflower or in a lettuce wrap.
More EASY recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken is the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket on those days when you don’t have the time or energy to cook. With just 2 ingredients this recipe is quick and easy. It tastes great and can be served in many ways including over rice, in tacos, burritos or quesadillas or on top of salad.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 (16 oz) jar Herdez brand salsa verde (mild)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Pour the salsa verde and water over the top.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours (thawed chicken) to 8 hours (frozen chicken)
- Remove the lid. Use tongs to move the chicken to a cutting board. Shred* the chicken. Then stir it back into the slow cooker.
- Use chicken in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, over rice, in salad or plain.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 31 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.