Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce is a super easy recipe that can be make with just 5-ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time.
Get the Instant Pot Italian Sausage Tortellini recipe here
Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce
With just a few ingredients you can have a truly amazing dinner! Everyone at my house loved this dinner so very much! The tortellini is covered with lots of sauce and the flavor from the Italian sausage is spot on. This is going to be a new staple at my house!
I used frozen tortellini from Smith’s. If you’re having trouble finding it look next to the frozen breads. I have not yet tried this recipe with fresh tortellini. I believe that it would work but I can’t say for sure. Let me know if you try it!
I used mild ground Italian sausage because I don’t like too much spiciness in my food but if you like your food with a little heat then use hot Italian sausage.
Make sure to use crushed tomatoes and not diced tomatoes or tomato sauce. The crushed tomatoes make such a perfect sauce…not totally smooth but not chunky either.
I served this Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce with a salad. I love the light Olive Garden dressing and so do my kids. It makes a plain salad so yummy! I also really love the light balsamic Newman’s Own dressing. I would have loved to had some garlic bread to go with it to dip in all that sauce!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stovetop function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
A super easy recipe that can be make with just 5-ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on time.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (I used mild)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Brown the sausage. Heat a pan over medium high heat and then add in the Italian sausage. Break it up with a wooden spoon (I use this tool*). Add in the diced onion. Once the sausage is browned and the onion is soft transfer it to the slow cooker.
- Add ingredients into the slow cooker. Pour the frozen tortellini evenly over the top. Dump the tomatoes evenly over the top of the tortellini. Don’t stir.
- Slow cook. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours.
- Add in half and half. Remove the lid and stir in the half and half.
- Serve. Scoop onto plates or bowls and sprinkle each individual serving with 1 1/2 Tbsp of mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1303 mg
- Fat: 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 10.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg
Keywords: slow cooker, crockpot
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Tortellini in Creamy Tomato Sauce? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.