- COOK TIME: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 4 x 175g venison loin portions
- 4 sprigs of fresh pine
- 20 g cocoa nibs
- 15g Maldon sea salt
- 100ml amaretto
- 2 cloves
- 4 plums
- 150mls of reduced game stock
- Light olive oil
- White pepper
- 75g butter
- Pre-heat the water bath to 70C
- In a pestle and mortar or spice grinder, grind the cocoa nibs and sea salt together to
- create cocoa salt.
- Trim any sinew from the venison loin pieces, season with cocoa salt and place in a vacuum pouch with some pine leaves, 25 g butter and a tbsp of olive oil, seal pouch.
- De-seed plums by cutting plum in half and pulling out stone, place plum halves in a pouch with amaretto, cloves and some pine leaves and seal the pouch. Place into the pre-heated bath for about 40 mins or until tender.
- Place venison into a 54C water bath for 20 minutes.
- Place a cast iron pan on a high heat, remove the venison from the pouch and pat dry. Place a little oil into the pan, and quickly sear the venison loin to create a crust on all sides then remove from pan and rest.
- Deglaze cooking pan with plum cooking juices, then add the reduced game stock, to create a rich venison sauce, whisk in 25g of butter for added richness.
- Carve the venison, plate with plums, sauce and garnish with the pine leaves.
What would you like to do now?