- COOK TIME: 40 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 45 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Difficult
- SERVES: 4
- 750g smoked haddock skinned – diced – deboned
- 200ml Whipping Cream
- 1 egg white
- Seasoned Flour
- 2 whole Egg whisked
- 50g butter
- 1 potato spiralised – fried until golden
- Panko breadcrumbs with zest of 1 lemon, lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g peas crushed and seasoned
- ½ bunched chopped dill
- 50g malt vinegar
- 4 tbsps. Maldon sea salt
- To make the Vinegar Salt, mix the vinegar with the salt until combined. Place on a baking tray in one even layer. Place the baking tray in an oven at the lowest temperature or dehydrator at 60C until the salt has gone crisp again. Place into air tight container and reserve
- Take 500g of the smoked haddock and place in a high-speed blender, add the egg white and some chopped dill and blend to a puree. Add the cream and pulse blend until combined.
- Add the remaining diced haddock to the mousse, then take the mousse and place in a 200 by 300 sized vacuum pouch, pushing it into the corner. Using a rolling pin, roll it out to a 2cm thickness and seal the pouch. Place the pouch in a pre-heated water bath at 67C for 40 minutes. After cooking chill down in an ice bath then refrigerate overnight.
- Carefully take the mousse from the pouch and cut into “fish fingers”. Pass the fingers through the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs and chopped dill.
- Shallow fry the fingers in a little butter until golden brown and piping hot.
- Plate up with the crispy spiralized potato and crushed peas.
- Season with the vinegar salt and serve.
What would you like to do now?