- COOK TIME: 6 Hours
- PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 4
- 4 x aubergines
- 4bsp of miso paste
- 4 tbsp. of ketchup Manis
- 2 tbsp of harissa paste
- 150mls of natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ a red chilli finely chopped
- 150 g fresh coriander
- 75g roasted cashews nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100mls of rapeseed oil
- Zest of ½ orange
- Place a skillet onto a high heat and blister the outsides of the aubergines until heavily charred and allow to cool.
- Mix the miso, harissa and Manis to create a seasoning paste.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the aubergine length ways in half. Equally divide the seasoning paste between the 8 aubergines and individually vacuum them. Place into a preheated water bath for 6 hours at 70C.
- After the aubergines have been cooked, press lightly and refrigerate overnight.
- To make the spiced yogurt, dry roast coriander seeds, chilli, cumin seeds and black peppercorns and grind to a powder. Add the turmeric, the yoghurt and orange zest and season to taste.
- To make the coriander pesto, blend the coriander, garlic, cashew nuts and rapeseed oil until smooth and creamy and season to taste.
- Take the aubergines from pouch and cut into large squares. In a hot pan sear until hot (can also be serve cold), dress the plate with yoghurt, pesto and fresh coriander leaves before serving.
What would you like to do now?