Instant Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate–the Instant Pot is a perfect vessel to heat hot chocolate and keep it warm. This version is a twist on a classic. It has notes of salted caramel and it’s just a dream! Perfect for holiday merriment!
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
I’ve been making this hot chocolate in the slow cooker for a few years now. When I got my 8 quart Instant Pot last week and needed to bring a large amount of hot chocolate to a party I thought it was the perfect time to make this recipe in the Instant Pot.
You don’t use the pressure cook function for this recipe. You can heat the milk in a few different ways. You can use the saute function, just make sure to whisk often. You can also use the slow cook function on high which doesn’t require whisking. Or you can even use the yogurt function to bring the hot chocolate to a proper temperature.
After the milk is heated and the chocolate chips are melted well you’ll whisk the mixture really well. Then you can just keep the hot chocolate on the keep warm setting. This will keep your hot chocolate warm but not too hot. The perfect temperature to serve and enjoy.
I love this dreamy hot chocolate and will take it over a piece of chocolate cake! It is so delicious. Try it out this season!
More Christmas recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate I used my 8 quart Instant Pot Duo*. You can also use your 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
The Instant Pot is a perfect vessel to heat hot chocolate and keep it warm. This version is a twist on a classic. It has notes of salted caramel and it’s just a dream! Perfect for holiday merriment!
- 12 cups of milk (I’ve used skim to whole)
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand caramel flavored sweetened condensed milk or an equal amount of caramel ice cream topping (I’ve also just used regular sweetened condensed milk and it has been great)
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (I like the Costco brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Pour all ingredients into the Instant Pot and stir.
- There are 3 different methods to heating your hot chocolate.
- Saute: The fastest is the saute method. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. You’ll need to whisk often until the chocolate is melted and incorporated so it doesn’t burn.
- Slow Cook: If you have more time you can put the Instant Pot on the slow cook function on the highest setting. Check back every 30 minutes and whisk until it is heated and all the chocolate is melted. This will take about 1 1/2 hours.
- Yogurt: If you have a yogurt button on your Instant Pot you can use that. Cover your pot and secure the lid. Touch the yogurt button and then adjust to Boil. This method takes about 40 minutes. Halfway through the cycle (20 minutes) open the pot and whisk. Then put the lid back on. Once the timer beeps indicating the boil cycle is done remove the lid and whisk the contents of the pot.
- Whisk very thoroughly. Turn Instant Pot to the keep warm setting. Serve hot chocolate in mugs with marshmallows and whipped cream.
- If there are leftovers you can pour the hot chocolate into a pitcher with a lid and store in the refrigerator. Each time before drinking, stir with a whisk.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.