Instant Pot Lemon Chicken and Rice–brown rice is cooked with garlic, onion, lemon juice and juicy chicken thighs for an easy one pot dinner that’s low on effort and high on taste.
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken and Rice
Although the pictures of this recipe look sort of monochromatic it is a really delicious dinner! My husband scraped the pot clean. I love the brown rice and the chicken thighs and how they cook until tender. The lemon juice and lemon zest give a bit of brightness and flavor but it is not overpowering.
Serve the chicken and rice alongside some steamed broccoli and you have a complete dinner.
I haven’t tried this yet with chicken breasts or with other types of rice. I think chicken breasts would work okay but possibly get a little dry because 22 minutes is just too long to cook chicken breasts. If I tried this with other types of rice I would follow the recommendations found on the chart in this post.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Lemon Chicken and Rice I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Brown rice is cooked with garlic, onion, lemon juice and juicy chicken thighs for an easy one pot dinner that’s low on effort and high on taste.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups long grain brown rice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the olive oil and swirl it around. Add in the onion and stir. Saute the onion for about 3 minutes and then add in the garlic cloves. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds and then add in the chicken broth.
- Add in the rice, salt, 2 Tbsp of the lemon juice. Nestle the chicken into the pot and sprinkle with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the butter, parmesan and 1 Tbsp lemon juice and lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Lemon Chicken and Rice? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.