Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders–tender shredded chicken with lime and cilantro flavors served on a mini bun or roll. An easy recipe made with frozen chicken in minutes.
Get the SLOW COOKER Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders recipe here
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders
When I told my husband what I was making he was skeptical and took an unseasoned portion of chicken for himself to smother in barbecue sauce. Then I let him have a bite of the finished product and he was surprised, “whoa! this is really good!” I told you it’d be good. Why did you even doubt me?
Basically this is a light chicken salad sandwich with mexican flare. You can serve the chicken cold or hot, it’s up to you. I served mine warm. If you’re axing carbs from your diet you can serve this chicken as a lettuce wrap or serve it with an avocado. If you freely eat carbs serve the chicken on a bun, roll or wrapped in a tortilla.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Tender shredded chicken with lime and cilantro flavors served on a mini bun or roll. An easy recipe made with frozen chicken in minutes.
- 2 (about 1 1/2 pounds) boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Optional for serving: slider buns, rolls, tortillas, lettuce leaves
- Place chicken in bottom of Instant Pot. Pour broth over chicken.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes on high pressure. Once the time is up let the pot count up to 5 minutes (display will read L0:05) and then move the valve to venting.
- Use tongs to place the chicken on a cutting board. Shred the chicken (I use these*) and place it in a bowl.
- Stir the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, lime juice, mayonnaise and cilantro into the bowl. Coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Taste the chicken and then add additional salt and pepper to taste, as needed.
- Serve chicken as desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (just chicken)
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 145 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 38 g
Keywords: chicken, frozen chicken
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Sliders? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.