Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps–an incredibly easy and delicious recipe for lettuce wraps. Hoisin sauce gives these ground chicken lettuce wraps lots of flavor and the rice and water chestnuts add texture. Get a whole head of lettuce ready because you’re not going to want to stop eating these chicken lettuce wraps!
Get the SLOW COOKER chicken lettuce wraps recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These lettuce wraps were a complete WINNER at my house. My kids and husband and I all gave them 2 thumbs up. The crispness of the lettuce leaves paired with the flavorful chicken was addicting. We seriously couldn’t stop eating them. The only thing that was missing were those little rice sticks that you get at PF Changs. Oh well! Next time 🙂
A few notes:
Ground chicken: I had a little bit of trouble finding ground chicken but I did end up finding it. I asked the butcher and he pointed it out. It’s a little more expensive than ground turkey or regular chicken breasts but it is so worth it.
Butter Lettuce: You can buy regular iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce but I opted for the fancy butter lettuce. Butterhead lettuces are tender, with loosely-coiled leaves. The leaves are almost never limp or weak. They have a bit of crunch. You can find butter lettuce in a plastic clamshell case with a root still attached.
Hoisin Sauce: Hoisin sauce is a fragrant, pungent sauce used frequently in Asian marinades and dishes. It is sometimes called Chinese barbecue sauce. I find it in the Asian section of my grocery store. You can pick up your water chestnuts in the same section.
Low Sodium Soy Sauce: If possible, buy a low sodium soy sauce or else your lettuce wraps will be overpowered by saltiness.
Rice: I used a long grain white rice but you could also use jasmine rice for this. I wouldn’t use brown rice for this recipe because it won’t cook as quick as the chicken. You could probably use an instant brown rice though. I also thought that quinoa would work but I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t say for sure.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
An incredibly easy and delicious recipe for lettuce wraps. Hoisin sauce gives these ground chicken lettuce wraps lots of flavor and the rice and water chestnuts adds texture. Get a whole head of lettuce ready because you’re not going to want to stop eating these chicken lettuce wraps!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce (you can find this in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- For serving: butter lettuce leaves, diced green onions and sriracha
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil. Swirl the oil around the pot. Add in the ground chicken and break up with a wooden spoon. Brown the ground chicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, garlic powder, chicken broth, hoisin, soy sauce, rice and water chestnuts. Stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. Once the time is up let the pot sit there for 10 more minutes (the display will read L0:10). Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir a bit. Prepare the lettuce leaves and green onions.
- Scoop a bit of the chicken mixture down the middle of a lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with green onion and, if you like a little kick, drizzle a tiny bit of sriracha on top of each lettuce wrap.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.