Instant Pot Chicken Chili Mac–an easy one pot recipe for cheesy chili mac made with tender bites of chicken and two kinds of beans. A perfect easy weeknight meal and it’s made in a jiffy in your electric pressure cooker.
Get the SLOW COOKER chicken chili mac recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Chili Mac
What could be better than a warm bowl of chicken chili or a warm bowl of macaroni and cheese? I’ll tell you what! A warm bowl of the two mixed together. Instant Pot Chicken Chili Mac is something I’ve been wanting to make for a while and today was chilly outside so I decided it would be a perfect time to make it. This is a perfect family meal. Kids love it, adults love it. I love this recipe because it’s all made in one pot–your Instant Pot. No browning or sauteing is necessary.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Chili Mac I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
An easy one pot recipe for cheesy chili mac made with tender bites of chicken and two kinds of beans. A perfect easy weeknight meal and it’s made in a jiffy in your electric pressure cooker.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders (or chicken breasts cut into the size of tenders)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Kidney Chili Beans, with juice
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Pinto Chili Beans, with juice
- 10 oz dry macaroni noodles
- 1 (8 0z) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and add in the chicken broth. While the broth is heating up prepare your onions and the rest of your ingredients (the hot broth will help the pot get to pressure quicker). Add chicken, onion, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, kidney chili beans, pinto chili beans and macaroni into the Instant Pot. Turn off the saute setting.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When the 4 minutes is up let the pot sit there for an additional 5 minutes (display will read L0:05) and then move the valve to venting. Once you can, remove the lid.
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces or shred it. Stir in the tomato sauce, sharp cheddar and the parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Make sure to use chili beans (they have flavor and seasonings) and not just a can of regular kidney and pinto beans.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 481
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1120 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 38 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Chili Mac? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.