Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownies
Adapted from Ready for Dessert by David Lebovitz
6 tablespoons (85g) butter, salted or unsalted
8 ounces (225g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch process
3 tablespoons (30g) corn starch
1. Line the inside of an 8-inch square metal pan/or 8" tart pan with foil so that it goes up the sides to the rim. Lightly grease the foil with butter. Preheat the oven to 350º (180ºC).
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over very low heat on the stove top stir until smooth.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, then the eggs, one at a time.
4. Sift together the cocoa powder and corn starch in a small bowl then stir them into the chocolate mixture. Beat the batter vigorously for at least one minute, until the batter is no longer grainy and nearly smooth.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the brownies are set in the center. Check after 25 minutes-don’t over bake.
7. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
Tagged: , gluten-free , brownies