- COOK TIME: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- PREP TIME: 45 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- SERVES: 2
- 200g whole baby shallots – washed and peeled.
- 1 tsp spoon truffle oil
- 5 g freshly shaved truffle
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 sprigs of thyme – washed and chopped
- Preheat your water bath or circulator to 88°C
- Place the onions into an airtight container and using a cold smoking gun, fill the container with smoke.
- Allow to smoke to disperse into the onions. This should take around 20 minutes so repeat this process 3 times for a smokier taste
- After the onions have been smoked place them into a bowl and add the thyme, oil and salt and mix well
- Place the onions into a pouch, remove the air and cook for 1½ hours or until firm
- Remove the onions from the pouch and serve with the freshly shaved truffle
Try serving these shallots with crumbled goats cheese and fresh rocket for a delicious starter
What would you like to do now?